Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday

Prairie Springs Cemetery
Van Zandt County, Texas
PrairieSpringsCemetery048
Prairie Springs Cemetery is located on Highway 64 just a few miles southeast of Canton, Texas. According to the historical marker in the cemetery, it dates back to 1866.
PrairieSpringsCemetery046
I have 29 family members buried in this cemetery, mostly from my Prestridge and Slaughter lines. Most of their tombstones can be found in two rows in the northeast corner of the cemetery.
PrairieSpringsCemetery031
When I lived in east Texas, I was only about an hour away from the cemetery and I visited it often. It is one of my favorite cemeteries and I stopped by there on a recent trip to Longview. I don’t know why I keep being drawn back there, but maybe one day it will lead to a discovery.

-->
Copyright © 2009-2010 Deborah Blanton McCoy
Do not copy the articles or pictures in this blog without the consent of the author.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and email or a way to get in touch with you if we have common surnames; or if you don't want to put your email address in the comments, please email me privately. Thank you!